- Creating the website architecture
- Designing and managing the website back-end including database and server integration.
- Generating WordPress themes and plugins.
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality.
- Conducting website performance tests.
- Troubleshooting content issues.
- Conducting WordPress training with the client.
- Monitoring the performance of the live website.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a similar field.
- Proven work experience of 3-5 years as a WordPress Developer.
- Knowledge of code versioning tools including Git.
- Experience working with debugging tools such as Chrome Inspector and Firebug.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers.
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages.
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics.
- Good communication skills.